We believe Christian parents are looking for a special type of teacher. Parents understand these teachers will have awesome responsibilities and opportunities to shape their children’s lives. But how do we identify a great Christian Teacher?
First of all, there is no prototype. They come with different personalities from different types of families. They were raised in the different environments in different parts of the world. They attended different colleges or universities and enjoy different styles of worship.
Today, they are a wonderful mix of people rooted in Christianity but with different heritages and different experiences.
We do believe, though, that our Teachers share a number of identifiable beliefs and qualities. Christian Teachers are:
• Born-again, growing, followers of Christ and they desire that their students experience the same personal relationship with Christ that they have.
• Happy and positive people. Students trust, respect and desire to be around our Teachers.
• Humble and trustworthy. They have an open mind and a sensitive spirit. They are approachable, and they really listen.
• Relationship builders. They understand that modeling through relationships is essential for growth in Christian character. They pay attention to the individual needs of students as they work at building meaningful and appropriate relationships.
• Committed to treating students with dignity. Students know they can count on a predictable, nurturing and stimulating environment in the classroom.
• Parent partners. They believe the best education is one where parents and teachers work together supporting students from both sides.
• Life-long learners. They never stop getting better at the art and science of teaching. They understand that teaching content is not the only goal. Study skills, higher-level analysis, critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities should all be taught and practiced within the study of each subject area.
• Motivated to motivate. They take time with student’s one on one. To see a student end up serving God, using his or her gifts clearly within the will of God, provides an indescribable joy to the Christian Teacher.
We are passionately committed to providing great Christian Teachers for Seacoast Christian Academy parents and their students.
Learn more about Seacoast Christian Academy
Interested in learning more about the Fine Art opportunities at Seacoast Christian Academy? We invite you to schedule a tour by contacting the admissions office at (904) 722-1738 or send us at email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!